These cupcakes are a must make for dessert. If you like pumpkin, then you’re going to love them.
Low Carb Pumpkin CupcakesCourse: Dessert
These will store for 3 days, but they won’t last that long, make plenty!
2/3 cup Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
3 tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
2-3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
1/2 can Canned Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup Almond Milk
2 tbsp Chopped Pecans
1/2 Batch Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting (optional, but highly recommended)
Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour muffin pan, set aside.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, xantham gum, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs and puree to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixture until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add in vanilla extract, vinegar, coconut oil and pumpkin puree, beat until just incorporated. Gradually add in the dry flour mixture, alternating with almond milk. Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans.
- Distribute batter evenly into pan. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes (covering with aluminum at 15), until deep golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack before frosting.
- Make cream cheese buttercream frosting while your cakes are cooling. Apply frosting.
- Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days (I highly doubt they last that long)