It’s the 4th of July, or well it will be tomorrow, as I’m writing this. The usual foods we cook on the grill are typically low carb friendly, as long as we forgo the bread that we put the burgers and dogs on.
But it can get tricky to stick to your low carb lifestyle when it comes time to visit the dessert table.
Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Make this low carb patriotic dessert pizza and you’ll be good to go.
Low Carb Patriotic Dessert PizzaCourse: Dessert
2 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Liquid Stevia
4 oz. Fresh Blueberries
12 oz. Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the vanilla wafers, and instead of rolling for slicing, spread them onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper, 8 x 12.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla extract and stevia in a stand mixer and blend on high until the consistency is that of frosting.
- Spread evenly over cooled cookies
- Arrange blueberries in the left corner, 5 rows across with 8 berries in each row should fit.
- Slice or use whole, raspberries whole raspberries, arrange 5 rows across cookie, leaving a little space between rolls.
- If you have extra frosting, you can fill in the gaps between the raspberries.
- Slice and serve, keep refrigerated.
- You can use strawberries instead of raspberries if you like them better. For the low carb vanilla wafers, check out our recipe.