Cheese is my drug of choice, I could literally eat it with every meal and never get tired of it, I love it that much.
So when something comes along that takes one of my top 10 favorite meals, like tacos, and ups the game by removing carb loaded tortilla with a warm cozy cheese blanket, I jump it on and try it immediately.
Cheese Taco ShellsCourse: Lunch, Dinner
Nothing beats a taco shell made of cheese, these low carb options are better than the original.
- Taco Shells
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Taco Meat
1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Water
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or silicon mat, place 1/4 cup piles of cheese, place 2 inches apart. Press down lightly so it makes one layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated to 350 degrees oven. Bake for 5 – 7 minutes or until edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 2 – 3 minutes then lift it up and place it over the handle of a wooden spoon or utensil that is balanced on two cups.
- Let cheese cool completely, then remove.
- While you continue to bake and cool your cheese taco shells, place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat, cooking until completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Pour water into skillet and stir everything together.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is cooked away.
- Add meat to taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.