Breakfast is a very popular meal in my house, probably most houses, and cinnamon rolls are an often requested food.
Of course the traditional Pillbury canned rolls are not on the menu, so we take the cub bard and make a low carb version, that is every bit if not better than the original.
Low Carb Cinnamon RollsCourse: Breakfast
- Combine the mozzarella cheese and cream in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute.
- After all the cheese has melted, carefully stir in the almond flour, baking powder and egg, until all is mixed and smooth. This will cool the dough down a bit.
- Dump the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and begin kneading the dough until the egg is fully mixed in. The dough will be quite sticky until you knead it together. You can sprinkle a little almond flour to prevent sticking if you’d like.
- Using a rolling pin, smooth out the dough to form a large rectangle.
- Melt the 1/8 stick of butter and spread over the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and Stevia on the dough.
- Roll up the dough.
- Use a piece of string to cut the dough into 15 different cinnamon rolls.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of your pan to line it before baking.
- Place the rolls in a baking pan.
- Set the over to 350 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While you wait for them to bake, you can start on the frosting.
- Combine the heavy cream, cream cheese and powdered sweetener into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high until mixed completely and mixture is smooth.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 5 – 10 minutes before applying the cream cheese frosting.