Just because you’re in the Keto Lifestyle, doesn’t mean you have to give up on some of your favorite classics. In this case I’m talking about mac “n” cheese, a favorite in my house. With this recipe you get to stay low carb, and we add some extra flavor with bacon. I mean you can never go wrong with bacon, right?
Keto Bacon Cauliflower “Mac “n” CheeseCourse: Sides
4 Strips of Bacon
4 Cups of Water
1 Large Head Cauliflower
4 oz Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp Kosher Salt, Divided
Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped, for Garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, pat off excess grease with a paper towel, then chop and set aside.
- Add the water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- While the water heats up, chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the cauliflower to the boiling water, then cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, remaining teaspoon of salt, the cayenne, and paprika. Stir to combine, then cook for 4 minutes, until smooth and thick.
- Fold in the cauliflower, then add the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted, then fold in the bacon.