I always found low carb or keto bread recipes were always just a little off, either bad flavor or the texture wasn’t quite right. But then I discovered fathead dough and it’s changed my life.
These fathead rolls are great with some good ol’butter, or build a nice sandwich on them, or better yet, make some hamburger sliders, yum!
Fathead RollsCourse: Sides, Appetizers
These keto/low carb rolls are an absolute must if you’re missing a good buttered roll or deli meat sandwich.
2 oz Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg Beaten
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Almond Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese and mozzarella. Microwave on high for 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until beaten. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Work mozzarella/cream cheese mixture into dough. Dough will be sticky. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spoon dough onto plastic wrap. Dust the top of it with almond flour. Fold the plastic wrap over the dough and gently start working into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sit cut side down on parchment paper or very well greased sheet pan. Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden and set up.